Saturday 24 October 2015

When I Cannot Use my Mouth
by María José Ruiz Acosta

It had been raining all the morning
When we met for the first time.
Alluring, cosy, naive and friendly,
That’s how you seemed to my eyes.
But at that precise moment
Hardly ever could I see
That sometimes a precious treasure
Hides a danger inside it.

It had been raining all the morning
When began to grow it all.
I felt hostage of your kisses
On account of that true love.
But if I hadn’t been so focused
On those feelings deep inside
I would have been more aware
Of whoever was behind.

It had been raining all the morning
When I thought you felt involved
On my gloomy, secret island
Where I always stay alone.
But I wish I had turned down
Those ideas from my mind
And become much more sceptical,
Closer, nearer to life.

It had been raining all the morning
When the first mourning took place.
So much I had idolized you
That nobody could I blame.
But inside that voice reminded me
That I always used to be
The runner-up of all the races,
The only one that never wins.
It had been raining all the morning
When I wish I could have been
Much more brilliant, even brighter
Than what nature gave to me.
But the one-hundred-fold efforts
Only made just to pretend
I am not just who I really am,
I will never be the best.

It had been raining all the morning
When I found out what you meant
As looking down on my poor figure,
There’s no need to go ahead.
But inside this threadbare heart
I gave you one year ago
There is passion, hope, respect
And my trueborn love below.

It had been raining all the morning
When it all came to an end.
There’s no need to look for answers
Just to cure what has been hurt.
But God knows, oh yes, God knows
As I lick my wounded world
That I am the first place finisher,
Between us I loved the most.

It has been raining all the morning,
Still this craving inside me.
Being your target wasn’t easy
But even worse it’s how I feel.
But, alas, this latest hunch
Is still freaking me out,
Whispering throughout my body

When I cannot use my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment